Wednesday, February 18, 2009

fashion week continues...

over the weekend a few of my favorite labels (shipley & halmos, rag & bone, band of outsiders, robert geller) showed their stuff in nyc.

shipley & halmos

sam shipley and jeff halmos, as most of you know, are my favorite designers. i have a lot of their shit. probably too much. i was a little disappointed with their latest collection. it had a different aesthetic that i couldn't quite grasp. now, don't get me wrong, i was still digging on a lot of their looks. hell, i'm sure i will end up with half of the shit in my closet come next fall. maybe when the pieces actually hit the racks i will change my mind? here are a few of my favorite looks... (i still say they should have won this year's 'best new menswear designer!!!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

band of outsiders

i get a lot of shit for liking this brand. it's hella expensive for the simplicity but it's the fit that gets me! i am a small guy so finding shit to fit me is not an easy task. most of the stuff i buy gets altered and it's not cheap. i can buy shirt off the rack. the fall stuff is the typical BoO look. a little bit of thom browne mixed in too; with the patterns and all. i want those sperry's!!!! someone buy me some. pretty please!?!?!?

Photobucket

Photobucket

robert geller

ok, any designer that makes clothes for vampires is ok in my book! geller's stuff is amazing. i love the dark tones of pieces. i hate vests but he styled them so well down the runway. hell, i might even wear one now...nah. it was just a thought. he elegantly threw in leather here and there and made it look good. i guess if my guys from shipley and halmos had to lose, it would be to this guy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

sorry for so many fashion blogs lately. it's fashion week, and well, i like clothes. just wait until baseball starts up. you will know everything you ever wanted to know about the red sox!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment